About SafetySense Management System ™
The SafetySense Management System is a user friendly, secure, easy-to-use cloud-based application which allows for the client and their contractors to have access to work permit data without compromising data integrity. Let SafetySense Management work for you in handling the job of training records management, data repository for: Lockout/Tagout, SDS, Rescue Pre-plans, Permit Issuance / Archiving Work related permits (CS, hot-work, LOTO), Work place hazards (atmospheric, trips & falls), Atmospheric monitoring data repository and much, much more.
Using the SafetySense Management System is easy. Simply select a confined space by the unique Space ID from a drop-down list. Once the Space ID has been selected, the system retrieves all the information related to the selected space such as: Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, associated Safety Data Sheets, Rescue Pre-plans, and much more! You can easily review the information on screen, print and automatically produce the Confined Space Entry Permit.
By leveraging technology, SafetySense Management System simplifies your permitting process and provides a consistent, organized source of data. Based on user input SafetySense Management System prepares entry work permits and maintains an up-to-date list of employees / users with current confined space training. All entry permits and associated procedures documents are stored in the secure Cloud database for easy access and review at any time. The SafetySense Management System handles the job of training records management, data repository, permit issuance / permit data archiving and more.
SafetySense was developed and created by Safety Professionals! This program was not created by web developers with zero Safety experience, it was created by Safety professionals who have made their living in Safety. Our team includes Certified Safety Professionals (CSP’s), as well as Firefighters, Manufacturing professionals, and other subject matter experts! With decades of safety experience, we have seen it all! Unfortunately, we have also seen many industries fall behind on their permits and documentation as it relates to Permit Required Confined Space. Three of the most common issues that we see are…
- Companies have a difficult time tracking changes or revisions to permit work history tied to their confined spaces.
- Many companies are still using paper-based processes to perform assessments and storing them in drawers or filing cabinets where they are rarely updated or used. Transcription errors, illegible writing, etc., are just some of the challenges with paper permits.
- Companies are still using printed permits that have every hazard possible available to be checked. This creates ambiguity which introduces safety hazards into the work to be performed due to errors in the information presented on the entry permit.
The Host facility will be held accountable for contractors and/or employees that are working in the confined spaces at the host facility? By using SafetySense Management System, you are safeguarded that each worker is authorized to work in confined spaces and is currently up to date on their training. Additionally, our state of the art software allows you to create Work permits, Pre-plans, Workplace hazard analysis, safety data sheets, roles based training records, atmospheric monitoring data repository, and terminated permits. SafetySense Management System will help you feel confident no critical detail has been overlooked that could compromise the safety of your employees and contractors. SafetySense Management System simplifies and facilitates your permitting process!
Which industries do we support? A significant amount of our work is done with the Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, and Commercial Construction industries, as well as many others. Many of these industries are highly advanced, and regulated and therefore, the management and implementation of effective occupational safety and health is critical. Our broad range of services are constantly being utilized by agencies such as public utilities, airports, hospitals, power generation, government entities and more. If your business has confined spaces, chances are, we can help!
KEY Terms that you need to know!
A Confined Space is an area that meets all (3) criteria below:
(1) is large enough and so configured that an employee can bodily enter and perform assigned work; and
(2) has limited means for entry and exit (for example, tanks, vessels, silos, storage bins, hoppers, vaults, and pits are spaces which may have limited means of egress); and
(3) Is not designed for continuous employee occupancy.
A Permit Required Confined Space is an area which has one or more of the following characteristics:
(1) Contains or has potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere;
(2) Contains material that could engulf an entrant;
(3) has an internal configuration such that an entrant could be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or a floor which slopes downward and tapers; or
(4) Contains any other recognized serious safety & health hazard – (such as energy which needs to be isolated by lockout, tag out).
The Confined Space Entry Program (CSEP) – program to control and protect employees from permit required confined space hazards and regulate employee entrance into a permit required confined space.
An Entry Supervisor – is a competent (authorized and trained) person responsible for determining if acceptable entry conditions are present at a permit space where entry is planned, for authorizing entry and overseeing entry operations, and for terminating entry as required by this SOP.
An Attendant – an individual stationed outside one or more permit spaces who monitors the authorized entrants and who performs all attendant’s duties assigned in the employer’s permit space program.
An Authorized entrant – an employee who is authorized by the employer to enter a permit space
Confined Space Entry Permit system –written procedure for preparing and issuing permits for entry and for returning the permit space to service following termination of the permit.
The Confined Space Entry Team (CSET) – consists of: the authorized Entry Supervisors, the Entrant(s), and the Attendant that have received adequate training in CSEP hazard recognition, industrial rescue techniques, emergency reporting and confined space entry.